This is going to be a bit of a geeky post, about how we’re setting the servers which hold and protect your data. I think it’s quite interesting, and important to get it right and for you to know what we are doing 🙂 Continue reading “EyeSkills Infrastructure”
Here is the first part of our current user testing script, which helps us establish what is happening with a new testers vision before we introduce them to the EyeSkills app. Continue reading “Basic Testing Regime for Iteration 1”
Todays user test was absolutely fascinating. During our initial tests we established that Mr C has a less common form of strabismus than most – alternating strabismus. This is a situation we consider “beyond our initial design specification” but we continued and were rewarded with shocking surprises and inspiring insights!
What can you say when, after a single two hour user testing session, your test subject comes back to you the next day, with a video showing he can demonstrably choose to see straight, and in 3D?
What is the guiding light which we are following while we build the EyeSkills framework? You can find out more here…
Today’s second user test was, again, extremely interesting and rewarding. Our second tester – Mrs. S – also has a similar form of strabismus to Mr. C – alternating strabismus. Although we are still unsure how the app should handle the more complex form of alternating strabismus (where the eye which falls to the side changes almost spontaneously) we decided to proceed after our first success.
For reasons I don’t still fully understand, my local backup server decided that it was no longer going to be reachable from the outside world. Along the way to fixing it, I learnt a little more about IPv6 which might be worth sharing…
The first iteration focused on technical feasibility and laying out an initial foundation we could build on.
We split the project into three core sections :